The "Two Years of Science with Chandra" Symposium was held in Washington DC from September 5-7, 2001 at the Washington Plaza Hotel. The meeting highlighted key science results from the Chandra X-ray Observatory's first two years of operation. Contributions also covered recent results from XMM-Newton and other X-ray observatories. The meeting was organized by the Chandra X-ray Center, Marshall Space Flight Center, Goddard Space Flight Center, and the University of Maryland. The meeting was also the 12th Maryland Annual Astrophysics Conference.
- Press Conference #1: Chandra Catches Milky Way Monster Snacking
- Press Conference #2: Chandra Probes the Nature of Dark Matter
- NASA Space Science: An Overview presented by Dr. Edward J. Weiler
- General Chandra Symposium Photos
- Chandra Symposium Science Posters