- SAO Intern Program - a 10 week summer intern program at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, MA
- Windows to the universe - user-friendly learning for the general public that includes images, movies, animations, and data sets that explore the Earth and Space sciences.
- universe! Education Forum (SEU) - offers various projects, debates and educational pieces on the structure and evolution of the universe.
- NASA Science Mission Directorate - comprehensive list of Web sites relevant to Space Science education and public outreach organized by category.
K - 8 Education
- NASA for Kids - a comprehensive list of cool NASA sites just for kids.
- StarChild - explains science concepts from galaxies to the Solar System in a way that makes sense to kids.
- Amazing Space - web-based activities primarily for classroom use, but available for all to enjoy. Interactive lessons for K-12.
- AstroCappella - a site of songs, pictures and activities about astronomy...created & performed by scientists!
9 - 14 Education
- Imagine the universe - explores the mysteries of the structure and evolution of the universe; includes lesson plans, activities and more.
- Good Astronomy Activities on the WWW - ASP's annotated catalog of 140 of the best hands-on astronomy (and space science) activities on the Web. (grades K-12)
- NASA Internet Resources for Educators - involving the educational community in NASA's efforts to inspire students. (grades K-12)
- Everyday Classroom Tools (ECT) - inquiry-based, science curriculum development project. (grades K-6)
- Science Education Gateway (SEGway) - Learning adventures in Earth and Space science from a NASA-sponsored partnership of museums, researchers and educators. (grades K- 12)
- NASA Office of Education - supports students, teachers, and faculty in the areas of science, mathematics, and technology.
- NY Times Learning Network - resources for teachers connected to articles in the NY Times (grades 6 - 12).
- Project ARIES - astronomy resources for intercurricular elementary science. (grades 3-6)
- CNN Supernova Lesson Plan - understand the differing uses of radio, optical and X-ray telescopes. Investigate the lifecycle of a star.
Education Links & Resources